Quesmi helps you solve your legal issues within a few clicks. Quesmi is trying to make it just as easy for you to understand how Quesmi’s services work. You can find an overview of Quesmi’s vision below and all further details in Quesmi’s Terms & Conditions.
Quesmi is a tech company. We do not have the same expertise as legal professionals themselves. This is why we choose not to be a law firm, but to provide you with the tech to connect to them.
Legal issues can be a highly sensitive. At Quesmi, we respect your privacy and do not review your interactions with legal professionals. Of course, we are here to support you if there is anything you would like to share with us.
Effective: 15 November 2018
These Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) govern the access or use by any user, from within any country in the world, to the websites, applications, content, products, and services made available by Quesmi Pte Ltd (collectively, the Services). Quesmi Pte Ltd is a private limited liability company registered in Singapore with No. 201829563W, at 22 Sin Ming Lane, #06-76, Midview City, Singapore 573969 (Quesmi). These T&Cs also contain warranty, disclaimers and other provisions that limit Quesmi’s liability to you.
PLEASE READ THESE T&CS CAREFULLY AND IN THEIR ENTIRETY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES.
1. Services. Quesmi provides users with a platform to access legal services online. Users can, among other things, (i) arrange and manage the legal support they have sought and received; or (ii) access and connect with lawyers, accountants, corporate secretaries or other legal service providers and experts (Legal Professionals) relevant to the legal services or advice they are seeking. This platform comes in the form of websites, applications, content, products, and services made available by Quesmi which are referred to in these T&Cs are the Services.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: QUESMI IS NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF PROVIDING LEGAL SUPPORT OR ADVICE. YOU CONFIRM AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES DOES NOT ESTABLISH QUESMI AS A PROVIDER OF LEGAL SUPPORT, LEGAL ADVICE OR AS A LAW FIRM AND THAT QUESMI SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE QUALITY OR ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE SERVICES.
2. User Accounts. In order to use most aspects of the Services, you must register for and maintain an active personal user account (Account). Account registration requires you to submit to Quesmi certain personal information, such as your name, address, mobile phone number and age, as well as at least one valid payment method supported by Quesmi. You agree to maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information in your Account. Your failure to maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date Account information, including having an invalid or expired payment method on file, may result in your inability to access or use the Services. You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your Account and agree to maintain the security and secrecy of your Account username and password at all times.
3. Age Restriction. The Services are intended for people who are eighteen (18) years or older. The Services shall not be used by those under the age of majority in their country or state of residence or those under the age of eighteen (18).
4. Access by Representatives. If you are using the Services on behalf of any entity, then you are agreeing to the T&Cs on behalf of that entity.
5. Intellectual Property Rights. All the intellectual property rights in the Services (including documents and products related to the Services) throughout the world belong to Quesmi or its licensors (where applicable). You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the website, application, document and the Services other than the right to use them in accordance with these T&Cs. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not have the right to use any branding or logos used in the Services.
6. Software. Some of the Services allow you to download client software (Software) which may update automatically; you agree that these T&Cs will apply to such upgrades. So long as you accept and comply with these T&Cs, Quesmi will give you a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license to use the Software, solely to access the Services. To the extent any component of the Software may be offered under an open source license, Quesmi will make that license available to you and the provisions of that license may expressly override some of these T&Cs.
7. Software Limitations. Unless the following restrictions are prohibited by law, you agree not to:
8. Prohibited Activities. You shall not:
9. Legal Advice Disclaimer. You hereby acknowledge that nothing contained in the Services shall constitute financial, investment, legal and/or professional advice and that no attorney-client relationship or professional relationship of any kind is created between you and Quesmi and/or its directors. You hereby agree that you shall not make any financial, investment, legal and/or other decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Services. The Services display both Quesmi-created content and content that is not created or developed by Quesmi. Quesmi does not routinely screen third party content that is published via its Services and cannot guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or quality of any such content, or the qualifications of those posting.
You understand that legal support enquiries or other postings to the Services are not subject to attorney-client privilege until such enquiry or posting has been processed and a relationship has been accepted by both you and the Legal Professional regarding that enquiry or posting. Quesmi can review from time to time legal support enquiries or other postings to the Services in order to guarantee their pertinence before forwarding them to Legal Professionals.
Once your enquiry is processed, a file is opened in your name and a relationship has been accepted by both you and a Legal Professional, Quesmi shall endeavor to make the correspondence between you and the Legal Professional is strictly confidential.
10. Information Disclaimer. From time to time, Quesmi may provide references to available legal advice or articles from Legal Professionals and/or consultants addressing legal issues (Legal Information). This Legal Information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. The Legal Information cannot be regarded as the provision of legal services, and accessing such information, or corresponding with or asking questions to Legal Professionals via the Services, or otherwise using the Services, does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Quesmi. It is not a substitute for a consultation with a Legal Professionals licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely on such Legal Information.
The opinions expressed in the Services and/or Legal Information are not the opinions of Quesmi. Any legal or non-legal information on the website are or have been rendered based on specific facts, under certain conditions, and subject to certain assumptions, and may not and should not be used or relied upon for any other purpose, including, but not limited to, for use in or in connection with any legal proceeding.
The information may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct, timely, current or up-to-date. Similar to any printed materials, the information may become out-of-date. Quesmi undertakes no obligation to update any information on the Site; provided, however, that Quesmi may update the Information at any time without notice in the Quesmi’s sole and absolute discretion. Quesmi reserves the right to make alterations or deletions to the Information at any time without notice.
11. Responsibility of Legal Professionals. It is solely the responsibility of the Legal Professionals to ensure that any Legal Information they post or place on Quesmi, and any communications they may have with prospective clients through the Services, fully complies with all applicable laws and rules of professional conduct, including those concerning the unauthorized practice of law and those regulating the form, manner or content of communications with clients, advertising, or other matters.
12. Third Party Links and Advertisements Disclaimers. The Services may, from time to time, contain links to third party websites. These links are provided as a convenience to you, and not as a guarantee, warranty or recommendation by Quesmi of the services, information, content and/or data on such third party websites or as an indication of any affiliation, sponsorship, or endorsement of such third party websites. Quesmi is not responsible for the content of linked third party web sites and does not make any representations or warranties regarding the privacy practices of, or the content or accuracy of materials on, such third party websites. If you decide to access linked third party web sites, you do so at your own risk. Your use of third party websites is subject to the T&Cs of use for such sites.
13. User Posted Content. You may post content and information, including peer endorsements, user reviews, questions and answers, comments, photos, and other materials (User Content) on the Quesmi platform. You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for, the User Content you post to Quesmi. You are also solely responsible for your use of such interactive features and you shall use them at your own risk. Quesmi reserves the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including violation or suspicion of violation of these T&Cs.
When you post User Content to Quesmi, you give Quesmi and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such User Content throughout the world in any media. To the extent such content is attached to a profile on the Quesmi platform, the foregoing license includes a right to reproduce your profile, and any name, likeness or photograph contained in such profile. If you submit feedback or suggestions about the Services, Quesmi may use your feedback or suggestions without obligation to you.
14. Ratings. Ratings shown on the Quesmi web and mobile applications reflect the assessment of a given Legal Professional, based upon the information obtained by or submitted to Quesmi (Ratings). Ratings are solely intended as a starting point to help you identify a Legal Professional who may be suitable for your legal needs. Someone else's assessment of the same Legal Professional may be very different or be based upon different information. Ratings are not an endorsement of any particular Legal Professional, and is not a guarantee of its quality, competency, or character. Ratings are not a predictor of the outcome of any matter in which such Legal Professional is involved.
15. Payment Terms and Taxes. The use of the Services may result in charges to you for the services received (Charges). Charges will be inclusive of applicable taxes where required by law. All Charges and payments will be enabled by Quesmi using a payment method designated in your Account. You are liable for paying the Charges and Quesmi has no liability, either primarily or secondarily, for paying Legal Professionals other than as an agent on your behalf. The Charges are charged by the Legal Professionals and passed through to the Legal Professionals once the services have been rendered. Charges paid by you are final and non-refundable, unless otherwise determined by Quesmi. Quesmi may use the proceeds of any Charges for any purpose, subject to any payment obligations it has agreed to with any Legal Professionals or other third parties.
16. General Disclaimer. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." QUESMI DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, NOT EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE T&CS, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. QUESMI MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE REGARDING THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES REQUESTED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. QUESMI DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, SAFETY OR ABILITY OF LEGAL PROFESSIONALS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, AND ANY SERVICE IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, REMAINS SOLELY WITH YOU, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
17. Limitation of Liability. QUESMI OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AND DISTRIBUTORS, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST GOODWILL, OR ANY INTANGIBLE LOSSES, PERSONAL INJURY, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RELATED TO, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING (A) THE OUTCOME OF ANY LEGAL MATTER; (B) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES OR SOFTWARE; (C) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY RELATING TO THE SERVICES OR SOFTWARE; OR (D) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF LEGAL INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF THE NEGLIGENCE (EITHER ACTIVE, AFFIRMATIVE, SOLE, OR CONCURRENT) OF QUESMI, EVEN IF QUESMI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, QUESMI’S, ITS DIRECTORS’, ITS AFFILIATES’, SUPPLIERS’, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS’ AND DISTRIBUTORS’ TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY MANNER TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR SOFTWARE, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID QUESMI TO USE THE SERVICES TO WHICH SUCH CLAIM RELATES IN THE 12 MONTHS PERIOD PRECEDING THE FILING OF SUCH CLAIM. THE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER IN THIS SECTION DO NOT PURPORT TO LIMIT LIABILITY OR ALTER YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, QUESMI’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THIS PROVISION SHALL HAVE NO EFFECT ON QUESMI’S CHOICE OF LAW PROVISION SET FORTH BELOW.
18. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold Quesmi, its affiliates, independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including, but not limited to, attorneys' fees), arising out of or in connection with (i) your use of or inability to use the Services, including without limitation any actual or threatened suit; (ii) the services obtained through your use of the Services; (iii) any User Content you post, store or otherwise transmit on or through the Services; (iv) your breach or violation of any of these T&Cs; or (v) your violation of the rights of any third party.
19. Dispute Resolution. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY, AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
19.1. You and Quesmi agree to try for sixty (60) days to resolve any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of the Services including any question regarding the existence, validity or termination of these T&Cs, informally. You shall send the details of your concern to firstname.lastname@example.org and Quesmi may notify you of a dispute through the email address provided at your sign in.
19.2. In the event that the dispute cannot be resolved pursuant to Clause 19.1, Parties agree that the dispute shall be referred to and finally be resolved by arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the SIAC (SIAC Rules) for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference to this clause. The seat of the arbitration shall be Singapore. The Tribunal shall consist of one (1) arbitrator. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
19.3. You acknowledge and agree that you and Quesmi are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action or representative proceeding.
20. Governing Law. These T&Cs will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. Subject to Clause 19, the Courts of Singapore shall have the exclusive jurisdiction on any disputes or claim arising out, or in connection with, these T&Cs or the Services (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
21. Amendment. Quesmi may revise these T&Cs from time to time and will always post the most up-to-date version on Quesmi’s website. If Quesmi determines, in its sole discretion, that a modification to these T&Cs materially affects your rights, you will be notified (for example, by sending a message to the email specified in your profile). By using or continuing to use or access the Services after any revisions have come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised T&Cs.
22. Termination. This Agreement shall be effective for a 30-day term, at the end of which it will automatically and continuously renew for subsequent 30-day terms unless you or Quesmi terminate the Agreement in accordance with this provision. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by sending us an email. If you cancel your account, it will be deleted, and you will not be entitled to any of the records of the Services provided to you.
Quesmi may terminate this Agreement for convenience at any time giving you thirty (30) days’ notice via email to your registered email address. Quesmi may immediately, without notice, terminate this Agreement and/or stop providing access to the Quesmi Services if (i) you have materially breached your obligations under these Terms, the payment terms, our policies or standards; (ii) you have violated applicable laws, regulations or third party rights; or (iii) Quesmi believes in good faith that such action is reasonably necessary to protect the personal safety or property of Quesmi, its Users, or third parties (for example in the case of fraudulent behavior of a User).
In the event of termination of access to the Services for any reason, you have no right to obtain a copy of any data or communications you stored or effected via the Services, or any other data, unless specified otherwise by Quesmi.
23. Entire Agreement. Except as they may be supplemented by additional terms and conditions, policies, guidelines or standards, these T&Cs constitute the entire Agreement between Quesmi and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof and supersede any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Quesmi and you in relation to the access to and use of the Quesmi platform and Services.
24. No JV. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Quesmi as a result of this T&Cs or your use of the Services.
25. Third Parties. These T&Cs do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than the parties.
26. No Waiver. Failure or omission by Quesmi to enforce compliance with any provision of these T&Cs will not affect its rights to use any remedy available to it in respect of the breach of any such provision.
27. Severability. If any provision of these T&Cs is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be struck and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
28. Assignment. Quesmi can, but you shall not, assign, novate, hold on trust, subcontract or encumber any right or obligation under this Agreement, in whole or in part.
29. Notices. Unless specified otherwise, any notices or other communications required under these T&Cs will be provided electronically and given by Quesmi via email, Quesmi platform notification or messaging service (including SMS, WhatsApp or WeChat) according to the details provided at sign in. For notices made, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which Quesmi transmits the notice.
30. Questions and Contact. If you have any question regarding the use of the Site, please refer to the FAQ. All other feedback or questions or comments about the Services or these T&Cs should be directed to email@example.com.